Category Archives: Riders of the Plastic Groove
Mixed by Dennis Simms
- Boy Bianchi, Joris Voorn – Fireworks – Joris Voorn Remix
- 123XYZ – It’s Back (Original Mix)
- Aitor Ronda – Tornado
- Alexander Fog – Pulse
- Apexape – Joy & Pain (Club Mix)
- Audion Feat. Troels Abrahamsen – Dem Howl (Joris Voorn Mix)
- Dema – Smoking (Original Mix)
- Count Sinca – Space Cow (Pablo Acenso & Juan Deminicis Mix)
- DJ Fronter – I Feel It (Alex Poxada Remix)
- Hot Since 82 – Don’t Touch the Alarm (Original Mix)
- Hotspot & Komaroff – Senses (Original Mix)
- Ida Engberg – Silhouette Of A Ghost (Original Mix)
- Joal – Exercise
- Joel Armstrong – Rise & Fall – Joel Armstrong vs. Timo Rozendal Mix
- Josh Butler – Feelings Meanings
- K3, Alice Lascelles – Play To Win – Radioslave Remix
- Kid Massive – Let Yourself (NTFO Mix)
- Kingstown & Pete Tong – I Lost My Mind
- Manu Riga – A Sense of Hope [Alfonso Muchacho Remix]
- Marc Romboy vs. Gui Boratto – Eurasia (Gui’s Version) [feat. Luciana Villanova]
- Mash – I Believed In You (Original Mix)
- Mattia Pompeo – Material Life
- Nico Lahs – Devotion (Original Mix)
This is the First of Four installation of our with Dr. Freecloud’s Record Shoppe featuring Remo, DJ Verity and the legendary RON D CORE! This was an all vinyl set.
Recorded live on Friday, July 7, 2017 from Dr. Freecloud’s located oin Fountain Valley, CA and aired live on 88.9fm KUCI in Irvine, CA and video streamed live at http://www.plasticgroove.com.
Be sure to catch our Three other installments on these following dates.
Friday, July 28, 2017 from 8pm – 11pm pst.
Friday, August 11, 2017 from 8pm – 11pm pst.
Friday, August 25, 2017 from 8pm – 11pm pst.
f it’s one thing he’s sure of, it’s that Nonfiction isn’t going any where, he’s here to stay. He’s been in the game way too long and experienced too many amazing nights that turned into amazing mornings. Too many amazing vibes both on the dance floor and behind the decks to even consider doing anything else.
Djing for over 19 years, Nonfiction is a well respected festival regular and a 13 year resident of the world famous house club, Focus in Newport Beach with his partner and good friend Josh Billings. When not djing or producing, heavy doses of Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Funk, and Reggae all contribute to his style and sound and continue to influence him heavily.
Music production has more recently become an equally important outlet for his expression. A lot of the music he produces, he uses exclusively in his own sets to set him apart from the pack. If you want to hear those songs, he’s the only one who has them.
His actual official releases include remixing the mighty Green Velvet twice (“The Percolator” / “Millie Vanilli”), and releasing music on legendary labels Relief, Cajual, Farriswheel, Robsoul and now on his own label, UDM Records.
He’s seen the trends come and go, but, he’s dedicated himself to the culture and knows that this is his life calling. No one can predict the future, but you can safely assume that Nonfiction will still be djing and dedicated to music for as long as he lives.
Perspective – Josh Billings (Nonfiction Remix)
2015|Digital|UDM Records|, catalog #UDM001
Written By, Josh Billings
feat: MANIK Remix and Original
All You Got- Nonfiction
2015|Digital|Get Up Recordings NY|, catalog #GUR036
Written By, Nonfiction
feat: Gene Farris and Joeski Remixes
Millie Vanillie – Green Velvet feat Russoul (Nonfiction Remix)
2011|Digital|ReliefRecords|Millie Vanillie Unreleased Mixes
Written-By Curtis Jones aka Green Velvet, catalog #RR2050
Percolator – Cajmere (Nonfiction Remix)
2011|Digital|Cajual Records|Percolator Unreleased Mixes
Written-By Curtis Jones aka Cajmere, catalog #CAJ303
Nonfiction – Touch EP
2010|Vinyl|Bump Australia / BM 07
GO GO BIZKITT! – Stutterfunk EP
Chuffrugg chuffrugg Pheeva! (Nonfiction remix … ) pheevanonfictionremix Nonfiction pheevamrcleansfrenchrevolution Mr. Clean
Various – Various Artists Sampler
monoman (4) Written-By, Producer Nonfiction Wr. Wonderful Nonfiction Written-By, Producer Joss Moog
Gene Farris featJ Dub (2) – Take Me Back Part 1
2009|All Media, All Media|Farris Wheel Recordings|026
2009 Electronic Hip-House James Curd Producer 1 J Dub (2) Vocals 1 Gene Farris’ Take Me Back gets an … Curd J Dub (2) Take Me Back Part 1 Gene Farris Producer … J Dub (2) Take Me Back Part 1 Farris Wheel Recordings 026 All Media EP All Media MP3 EP US 24 Jul, Nonfiction Remix
Chuck Love – Get Large Vol. 5
Jr. Reach Nonfiction P Power J.T. Donaldson JT Donaldson Feat. Mr. Whitehead Read My Mind (JT’s Acid
Nonfiction – Orange County EP
2009|File|Motion Music (2) / MM007
Nonfiction – P Power EP
2009|File| Lost My Dog / MM007
MissyB has been involved with dance music for over a decade. Wanting to do her part, she upgraded her involvement in the scene from club and underground photographer to DJ and Producer.
DJing since 2003, Missy has played throughout Southern California, Mexico and had the distinction of being one of the Rotating Residents for:
– Disney California Adventure’s ElecTRONica (2010-2012)
– Disney California Adventure’s Mad T Party (2012 – 2016)
– Disney California Adventure’s Grad Night (2012-2016)
– House of Blues, Anaheim (2015-current) Private Events/Opener for:
* Capital Cities
* Far East Movement
* Lil John
* Meghan Trainor
– Insomniac Events: EDC Las Vegas, Escape, Countdown.
From Deep Tech House to Banging Electro- Missy weaves in and out of styles like a shark patrolling the waters in search of it’s prey. Killer instinct, with one foot in the DJ booth and the other on the dancefloor – the future looks bright for this rising star!
“I loved the underground/club/hip-hop/B-boy/”down South” house-party scene… (no, like at a real house). Aside from my older sisters and homies blasting the latest and taking me to the illest’ undergrounds, parties/massives in So. Cal., SF, T.J/Ensenada, it’s when I really started to develop my love and escape from life’s realities, sober too.
I loved the dancefloor. I LOVED dancing, music, expressing myself — it was my escape. Being front-and-center of the DJ — watching, learning, grooving or, in front of any side speaker, just vibin’, grooving and listening, watching… away from the crowds. This is where you would find me… just enough space to groove to all those influential DJ’s (at the time: DJ Heather, Colette, Green Velvet, Gene Farris, Todd Terry, Mark Farina, Diz, Doc Martin, Roger Sanchez just to name a few… the list goes on…)”.
Her music speaks volumes and better describes her than any bio could possibly do justice to.
– UDM Records
Be sure to tune in and watch our live video stream on line.
Mix by Dennis Simms
- Soundsperale – Memory (Original Mix)
- LIZOT – Einfach Nur Weg (feat. Jason Anousheh) [Sascha Kloeber Remix]
- DJ Kristina Mailana – Forget Me Not (Original Mix)
- LazySofa – Penelope (Original Mix)
- Mowonic – Found My Way (Original Mix)
- Oliver Nickels – Where Could We Be Dreaming (Original Mix)
- West.K – Again & Again (Anton Ishutin Remix)
- Lessovsky – Packed The World In The Boxes (Original Mix)
- Crystal Shakers – Stand Alone (Original Mix)
- Francesco Parla – Leguan
- Harvaro – Leaving You (Original Mix)
- Ibiza House Party – Mescalito
- Ivory – Night Shadows (Original Mix]
- Rob Pearson – Deep Feeling (Dave Brennan Mix)
- Hardcopy – Give It to Me
- Nipocra – The Thin Blue Line
- Fernando de Sá – Do You Know (Original Mix)
- Lucas Blanco, Lev Akro – El Beso
- Recovery Mafia – The Night (Original Mix)
- Phonista – Volition
- Robert Furrier – Can You Believe (Original Mix)
- Zapotec – Short Slices (Dan Rubell Remix)
- Andrea Bertolini – Ancient Asia
- Anna V – Cryogenesis (The Reactivitz Remix)
- Martin’s – Militare (KoZY Remix)
- Woo York – Atlantis
- Darren Emerson – Stop It (Original Mix)