Timothy Erickson, known earlier as DJ Gumpie, was first turned on to electronic dance music when a friend popped a Ron D. Core mixtape in the deck on the way back from Disneyland. A short time later, Timothy attended his first party, a smaller daytime event put on by Moontribe in 1996, an event that was the genesis of a lifelong love affair with the underground dance scene, the music and the community. In the ensuing years Timothy would go on to acquire a pair of 1200s, and spend every payday at the record store scouring the bins with close friends for tracks that stirred his inner groove. Those same “record run” friends would go on to form a small underground production crew in the late 90s, Pezz Productions, which aimed to throw events with community at the center, and always finding never experienced dance floors.
Later, as it became more difficult to find indoor venues for the community, he went on to found a new production crew, Luv-A-Lot Productions, which focused on putting on smaller outdoor events. Through the years Timothy, as a DJ and party promoter, has always kept his love for the music and the community as his foundation on and off the dance floor. Known for his seamless mixes and emotional/mind-bending sets, whether mixing uplifting progressive trance, or hard psychedelic grooves, Timothy has been rocking underground dance floors through three decades, with no end in sight.
** Next week we will have guest in talking about Cosmic Gardenz and playing some special sets.
Chris “Big Cee” Legaspi has been a staple in the Los Angeles house music community for the last 10 years. He was mostly remembered for being “the guy in the robe”, but for the last 7 years most know “Cee” for his amazing sets at clubs such as “Does your mama know?”, “Gravy”, countless after-hour parties and the the one he holds closest to his heart, “DEEP-L.A. where house lives…”.
“Man, working with Marques for all these years has been a great learning process for me.” Cee explains, “Old dirty (Wyatt) has taught me that this is more than a party, also that when your involved with something like “Deep”, the microscope is always gonna be on you.” Marques told “Cee” when he’s out on the town he is not only representing him- self, he is representing his family and he caries the “Deep” flag where ever he goes. “Yeah, really.” says Cee while he tweaks the levels on the mixer,”That talk with Marques changed my life.
If you knew me in the “Robe days”, you’ll know what I’m talkng about.” Working at “Deep” Cee has had opprotunities to open for some of house musics biggest dj’s in the game, dj’s like Timmy Regisford, Louie Vega, Dj Yellow, Ben Watt, the legendary Lil Louis, Mark Farina and an endless list of whos who in house music. “Those guys are all great dj’s, but the best thing about all those guys is that I had an opprotunity to become close friends with all of them.” says Cee. Cee has had the pleasure of spreading his musical message across the Atlantic Ocean, spinning in Rome. “That was a geat trip, great food, nicest people you will ever meet(except the cab driver who tried to charge us 400 euro for a cab ride”). “Cee” is no stranger to hosting his own events, besides “DEEP” Cee has brought such djs as Roy Davis jr, Terrance Wagner, Eddie Amadore and countless others to his events “Put cho’ hands up”, “the bbq’s” and his sunday afterhours.
Cee speaks of moving forward and trying not to hang on to the “old days”, ” I believe we have to move forward and start building off of the foundation that guys like Marques, Louie and Doc Martin have layed for us.” Cee explains “don’t get me wrong, those days were great, the music was great and there will never be days like that again, but we got to create our own memories, so the new family members can look back 10 years from now and say remember this and that”.
On March 24, 2005 Cee became a father to Cayla Rayanne Legaspi, which he calls “His greatest accomplishment yet.” Cee says, ” Man, Im someones dad, thats wild.” She helps Cee realize that in a second your life can change and its up to you to Step upto the plate and Do what you have to do. “I love being a father!” Cee says, “Cayla is my everything, i breathe because of her, I wake up every morning because of her. She’s my will to WIN!” Cee continues to play and has been spending more time in the studio.
Texas born Jamie Thinnes transplanted to the LA area as a young teenager and was quickly seduced by the intriguing sounds found in the wee hours, in the abundant warehouses, loft spaces and odd locations scattered throughout southern California. Early on, house music crept into Jamie’s soul and has been his guiding light ever since. Quickly becoming an underground favorite in the early ‘90s, Jamie forged his unique and captivating sound in a wide variety of Los Angeles environs – from full scale nightclubs to many a dark and dirty after-hours, from sunny beaches to ultra exclusive, all-night house parties. His trademark deep, spiritual rhythms and low frequency grooves never fail to keep the dancefloor marching in time to sunrise and beyond. A master mixer and programmer behind the decks, Jamie’s unwavering devotion to house shines through with every twist of the knob and every slide of the fader.
In 1996, Jamie’s musical vision blossomed and founded Earthtones Recordings. After 10 highly regarded releases, Earthtones was forced to change its name due to trademark issues. Seasons Recordings was born. 16 years in existence, with a heavy catalog of class act releases featuring Franck Roger, Olivier Portal, John Cutler, Dj Spinna, Anto Vitale, Charles Webster, Boddhi Satva, Black Coffee and Jamie himself, to name a few, Seasons has truly evolved into one of the premier house music imprints worldwide. While countless other labels have faded away or tried to re-invent themselves with a new sound every few years, Seasons, and its revered Seasons Ltd. sub-label, have stood the test of time with consistent, quality house music that’s based on an unshakeable foundation of musicality, soulful delivery and infectious grooves.
Tonight’s show is mixed by Dennis Simms (That’s Me)
Num. Title – Artist
01. Give Me The Night (Mousse T’s Old School) – Randy Crawford
02. Survivor (Satin Jackets Remix) – Blank & Jones With Mike Francis
03. Don’t Lie (Satin Jackets Remix) – Loui & Scibi
04. Hot Skin – Sam Feldt & Kav Verhouzer
05. Slip Away (feat. Cari Golden) – Bambook & Mennie
06. Nobody (Original Mix) – Changing Planes
07. True Love (feat. EmTre) (Soledrifter Remix) – Corduroy Mavericks
08. Burn So Deep (feat. April) [Sandy’s Disco Burn] – Kings of Tomorrow
09. Back 2 You (Remix) – Jason Burns
10. Almost Anything – Marcapasos
11. Attracted (Original Mix) – Kartell
12. Evil Eyes (Claptone Remix) – Roisin Murphy
13. My Girl (Oscar Ozz Remix) – Bassmelodie
14. Mirana (Original Mix) – Mr. Lekka
15. Special (HNNY Edit) – Chesus
16. No No No (Lutzenkirchen’s Classic House Revision) – Valentina Black
17. Shine (Toyboy & Robin Remix) – Years & Years
18. Second Story – Mark Knight
19. Pony (Jump on It) [feat. Ginuwine] [Leon Lour Remix] – Tough Love
20. Let Me Be (Subalpine Remix) – Anthony Mea
21. Nobody (Mindset Remix) – Digital Cassette
22. Africa (Bordertown Dub) – Toto
23. Reality – Lost Frequencies feat. Janieck Devy
24. Nevada (Bjoern Stoerig Remix) – Benotmane
25. He Is – Ghost
First off I would like to send my prayers to the people in Paris! Be safe and don’t let these idiots stop you from living your lives.
Tonight’s show was not fully aired on the radio due to the UCI Mens Basketball Game. However, You can enjoy the mix in its entirety as it was aired on our Ustream feed.
Num. Title – Artist
01. Show Me Love (feat. Kimberly Anne) [EDX Remix] – Sam Feldt
02. Nightwalk (Tom Appl Remix) – Simon Handle
03. Chicago (Club Edit) – Apres
04. The Passenger (Original Mix) – Consoul Trainin & Liva K feat Tikto
05. Maybe Something (Kovary Remix) – Jacko Diaz
06. Do It (Original Mix) – KvsH
07. Trouble (DJ Aristocrat Remix) – Nytron, Jean Bacarreza
08. Blossom For Me (Original Mix) – Ulf Bonde
09. Pretending (Original Mix) – Franz Alice Stern
10. Fuegos de Playa – Rey Salinero
11. Gravity – Corey Gibbons
12. Your Mind (Original Mix) – Animist
13. All Night Long featuring Robert Deckstar (Original Mix) – Lee Jokes
14. Boy Boy Boy (Panda Remix) (Panda Remix) – Andhim
15. Norah (Sasse Remix) – Three Less One
16. Six O Clock – Paji
17. Can’t Give Back (Vocal Mix) [Feat. Andrew Westermann] – Matteo Luis
18. Before the Hell (Fritz Monath Remix) – Franz Alice Stern
19. Keep On Talking (Original Mix) – Tensnake
20. Into the Wild (Original Mix) – Nora En Pure
21. Believe It (Original Mix) – Flo MRZDK
22. Supernatural (Mousse T. Remix) – Kim English
23. Give Me The Night (Mousse T’s Late Night Dub) – Randy Crawford