Final Shows live @ KUCI
Tonight #ridersoftheplasticgroove is going on live from 8pm to 12 midnight!
Don’t miss tonight and next Friday’s shows. These 2 shows are the last to feature DJs spinning live from KUCI FM radio UC Irvine studios.
Watch it all live at www.twitch.tv/ridersoftheplasticgroove
Tonight’s guest will be:
RON D CORE
Next week will be:
VERITY & DENNIS SIMMS
- Show will still go on from Virginia. Thanks to Twitch and other streaming media I will still continue to have guest on the show each week. This IS NOT AN END!
RotPG – Dennis Simms 08/16/2019
NEXT WEEKS SHOW
1. Le Twan & Steven Greer – A Bendable Reality (Original Mix)
2. Javier Busto – Depth (Original Mix)
3. DJ Rocca – Taquile (Original Mix)
4. Armen Miran – Another Green Mile (Original Mix)
5. As Smooth As – Gulyabani Blues (Original Mix)
6. Wild Dark – Shadow (Original Mix)
7. DSF – Kyklades (Original Mix)
8. Djuma Soundsystem – Parga (Mezomo Remix)
9. DSF – One With The Music (Original Mix)
10. Echonomist – Ossain (Autarkic Remix)
11. Soul Shadow – Times Have Changed (Risk Assessment Remix)
12. DJ General Slam – All My Love (DJ General Slam Afro Remix)
13. Scott & Leon – Sound Of Eden (Hott Like Detroit Remix)
14. Metodi Hristov – Enter (Original Mix)
15. Avision – How We Do It (Original Mix)
16. I Am Bam – Captain, My Captain (Original Mix)
17. SAMA – Pressure (Original Mix)
18. Adam Beyer – Teach Me (Amelie Lens Main Mix)
19. Catz ‘n Dogz Ft. ZenSoFly & Maxville – Wave (Club Mix)
20. Hector Couto – Lurking From The Dark (Extended Mix)
21. Moreno Pezzolato – Dangerous Mind (Original Mix)
22. Green Velvet & Chris Lake – Deceiver (Extended Mix)
23. Walker & Royce Ft. Sue Yenn – Bodies Do The Talking (Original Mix)
24. Christian S – Tannin (Original Mix)
25. Abrão & Fabio Vanore – Voodoo (Ray Cooper Saver Remix)
26. Tyu – Bailando (Bawrut Remix)
RotPG – Dennis Simms 05/11/2018
01) Oli Furness – Sacred Sex
02) Sasha – Trigonometry
03) Dosem – Beyond Standards
04) Lane 8, Solomon Grey – Hot As You Want – Original Mix
05) Justin Oh, Remus – Where the Lights Fall
06) Makam – Blinded By the Exit Light – Original Mix
07) Shingo Nakamura, Terry Da Libra – Thousands Of Sounds – Terry Da Libra Remix
08) Armin van Buuren, Laura V, Avicii – Drowning – Avicii Remix
09) Audiofly, Patrice Bäumel, Damian Lazarus – Atacama – Damian Lazarus Re-Shape
10) Lee Burridge, Lost Desert – Return To Sender – Original Mix
11) Stephen J. Kroos – Micrsh – Original Mix
12) Solarity – Essence
13) Jaytech, Steve Smith – Stranger – Original Mix
14) Josh Gabriel, Winter Kills – Deep Down – Josh Gabriel Remix
15) Lane 8 – With Me
16) Filtergeist – Kinaray
17) Lane 8, Patrick Baker, Enamour – Skin & Bones – Enamour Remix
18) Henry Saiz, Guy J – Not Last Words – Guy J Remix
19) Adriatique – Voices From The Dawn
Yes it’s that time again for our Annual KUCI FUND DRIVE!
Please click on image above to make a donation and be sure to mention Riders of the Plastic Groove.
You can also call in during the show to make a donation at 949.824.5824
RotPG – Dennis Simms 01/12/2018
*photo taken by me in front of our house with my cellphone.
Mix by DENNIS SIMMS
- Canson – Kamtschatka
- Species K, Breger, Timboletti – Don’t Fight the Snake – Breger & Timboletti Remix
- Dahu, Hraach – Desolate – Hraach Remix
- DJ Koze – XTC
- Nico Pusch – Memories
- Trikk – Proto-Rhyth – Black Version
- Animal Trainer, Manuel Moreno – Mdma
- Dino Lenny – This Is A Love Song – Original Mix
- New Jackson – Made It Mine
- Beckers, D-Nox – Mondays
- Eelke Kleijn – A Tale Of Two Lovers
- Funkwerkstatt, Anthik, Felipe Puertes – Melodie für Millionen – Anthik & Felipe Puertes Remix
- Klangkarussell – Sternenkinder
- Maceo Plex, C.A.R. – Mirror Me – Dark Dub
- Maceo Plex, Swayzak – 5th Dimensional Groove
- Olivier Giacomotto – Le Cap
- Superlounge, Jinadu – Ghost of Time – Original Mix
- Victor Ruiz, D-Nox – In Between
- Way Out West – Tuesday Maybe
- Maceo Plex – Conjure Dreams
RotPG – Nonfiction & Missy B 06/23/2017
f it’s one thing he’s sure of, it’s that Nonfiction isn’t going any where, he’s here to stay. He’s been in the game way too long and experienced too many amazing nights that turned into amazing mornings. Too many amazing vibes both on the dance floor and behind the decks to even consider doing anything else.
Djing for over 19 years, Nonfiction is a well respected festival regular and a 13 year resident of the world famous house club, Focus in Newport Beach with his partner and good friend Josh Billings. When not djing or producing, heavy doses of Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Funk, and Reggae all contribute to his style and sound and continue to influence him heavily.
Music production has more recently become an equally important outlet for his expression. A lot of the music he produces, he uses exclusively in his own sets to set him apart from the pack. If you want to hear those songs, he’s the only one who has them.
His actual official releases include remixing the mighty Green Velvet twice (“The Percolator” / “Millie Vanilli”), and releasing music on legendary labels Relief, Cajual, Farriswheel, Robsoul and now on his own label, UDM Records.
He’s seen the trends come and go, but, he’s dedicated himself to the culture and knows that this is his life calling. No one can predict the future, but you can safely assume that Nonfiction will still be djing and dedicated to music for as long as he lives.
Perspective – Josh Billings (Nonfiction Remix)
2015|Digital|UDM Records|, catalog #UDM001
Written By, Josh Billings
feat: MANIK Remix and Original
All You Got- Nonfiction
2015|Digital|Get Up Recordings NY|, catalog #GUR036
Written By, Nonfiction
feat: Gene Farris and Joeski Remixes
Millie Vanillie – Green Velvet feat Russoul (Nonfiction Remix)
2011|Digital|ReliefRecords|Millie Vanillie Unreleased Mixes
Written-By Curtis Jones aka Green Velvet, catalog #RR2050
Percolator – Cajmere (Nonfiction Remix)
2011|Digital|Cajual Records|Percolator Unreleased Mixes
Written-By Curtis Jones aka Cajmere, catalog #CAJ303
Nonfiction – Touch EP
2010|Vinyl|Bump Australia / BM 07
GO GO BIZKITT! – Stutterfunk EP
Chuffrugg chuffrugg Pheeva! (Nonfiction remix … ) pheevanonfictionremix Nonfiction pheevamrcleansfrenchrevolution Mr. Clean
Various – Various Artists Sampler
monoman (4) Written-By, Producer Nonfiction Wr. Wonderful Nonfiction Written-By, Producer Joss Moog
Gene Farris featJ Dub (2) – Take Me Back Part 1
2009|All Media, All Media|Farris Wheel Recordings|026
2009 Electronic Hip-House James Curd Producer 1 J Dub (2) Vocals 1 Gene Farris’ Take Me Back gets an … Curd J Dub (2) Take Me Back Part 1 Gene Farris Producer … J Dub (2) Take Me Back Part 1 Farris Wheel Recordings 026 All Media EP All Media MP3 EP US 24 Jul, Nonfiction Remix
Chuck Love – Get Large Vol. 5
Jr. Reach Nonfiction P Power J.T. Donaldson JT Donaldson Feat. Mr. Whitehead Read My Mind (JT’s Acid
Nonfiction – Orange County EP
2009|File|Motion Music (2) / MM007
Nonfiction – P Power EP
2009|File| Lost My Dog / MM007
MissyB has been involved with dance music for over a decade. Wanting to do her part, she upgraded her involvement in the scene from club and underground photographer to DJ and Producer.
DJing since 2003, Missy has played throughout Southern California, Mexico and had the distinction of being one of the Rotating Residents for:
– Disney California Adventure’s ElecTRONica (2010-2012)
– Disney California Adventure’s Mad T Party (2012 – 2016)
– Disney California Adventure’s Grad Night (2012-2016)
– House of Blues, Anaheim (2015-current) Private Events/Opener for:
* Capital Cities
* Far East Movement
* Lil John
* Meghan Trainor
– Insomniac Events: EDC Las Vegas, Escape, Countdown.
From Deep Tech House to Banging Electro- Missy weaves in and out of styles like a shark patrolling the waters in search of it’s prey. Killer instinct, with one foot in the DJ booth and the other on the dancefloor – the future looks bright for this rising star!
“I loved the underground/club/hip-hop/B-boy/”down South” house-party scene… (no, like at a real house). Aside from my older sisters and homies blasting the latest and taking me to the illest’ undergrounds, parties/massives in So. Cal., SF, T.J/Ensenada, it’s when I really started to develop my love and escape from life’s realities, sober too.
I loved the dancefloor. I LOVED dancing, music, expressing myself — it was my escape. Being front-and-center of the DJ — watching, learning, grooving or, in front of any side speaker, just vibin’, grooving and listening, watching… away from the crowds. This is where you would find me… just enough space to groove to all those influential DJ’s (at the time: DJ Heather, Colette, Green Velvet, Gene Farris, Todd Terry, Mark Farina, Diz, Doc Martin, Roger Sanchez just to name a few… the list goes on…)”.
Her music speaks volumes and better describes her than any bio could possibly do justice to.
– UDM Records