Category Archives: All Vinyl Set
Riders of the Plastic Groove 2/7/2020
Mixed by Jamie Thinnes
- Scott Patrice ‘ Ghost Eco’ Sis Bhaynes
- Pablo Bolivar & Sensual Physics ‘Passages’ Seven Villas Music
- Elise ‘Poseidon’ At One Remix Atjazz Record Company
- Pablo Bolivar & Dactilar ‘The People We Like’ Seven Villas Music
- Atjazz & Jullian Gomes ‘Decoded’ Atjazz Record Company
- Manoo ‘The Dub’ Kemetsoul Records
- Paul St. Hilaire ‘Stabilize’ Ludwig Reconstruction Mix Sushitech Records
- Atjazz ‘Tear’ Atjazz Record Company
- Jose Rico ‘Gem Vmu’ Chubby
- Atjazz & Jullian Gomes ‘Its My Time’ Jimpster Remix Atjazz Record Company
- Morgan Geist ‘Manic Cing’ Environ Records
- Peter Matson ‘Roma Norte’ Jimpster Remix Bastard Jazz Recordings
- Franck Roger ‘Conscious’ Treasure Records
- Chaos In The CBC ‘Double Dribble’ IDWT Music
- Master C & J ‘In The City’ Trax Records
- Emilie Nana ‘Music’ Manoo Remix Compost Black Label
- Laroye ‘Basamsike’ Black Magic
- Lady Alma ‘Let It Fall’ Wonderwax
- Ron Trent ‘Jazz It Up’ Groovin
- Newman (UK), Susu, Michele Chiavarini – Catch Me on the Rebound – Michele Chiavarini Remix
- Carlo Riviera – Deep Inside Your Love
- Brokenears – Body Monster
- Sante Sansone – Rising – Remastered
- Tom Bug, Andre Espeut – What U Believe
- Allen Craig, Homero Espinosa, Phaze Dee – Monsieur – Phaze Dee Remix
- Cristhian Balcazar, Mr.Diamond – Flute Is Life
- Dennis Quin, Plaster Hands – Heal Me
- Ninjury, Angelita Jimenez – The Best Times – Nick Hussey Remix
- Angelo Ferreri, Moon Rocket – What I Need – Bluesy Mix
- Disco Town, Angelo Ferreri, Moon Rocket, DJ Romain – Brookland (feat. DJ Romain)
- Melodymann – Make Her Weep
- Brookside Chase – Float Away – Original Mix
- Disco Town, LauMii – Running Out – Club Mix
- DJ Vartan, Techcrasher – Give Me The Sunshine
- Sue Avenue – Music For Sunsets
- Tapes, Phindile The SoulStud – Power – Main Vocal Mix
- Todd Terry, Barbara Tucker, Babert – Let It Shine – Babert Remix
- Mattei & Omich, Ella – Fake It – Extended Mix
- HRDY – That Feeling
- Kelvin Sylvester – Prayer
- Norty Cotto, Michelle Rivera – Nights (Feel Like Getting Down) – Norty Cotto O C D Club Mix
- Roland Clark, Urban Soul, Dj Oji – Until We Meet Again – Dj Oji Vocal Remix
- Stranger Danger, Shanta Latise – Be Free
- Sterling Void, David Morales – It’s Alright – David Morales Stereo 2019 Mix
This is the First of Four installation of our with Dr. Freecloud’s Record Shoppe featuring Remo, DJ Verity and the legendary RON D CORE! This was an all vinyl set.
Recorded live on Friday, July 7, 2017 from Dr. Freecloud’s located oin Fountain Valley, CA and aired live on 88.9fm KUCI in Irvine, CA and video streamed live at http://www.plasticgroove.com.
Be sure to catch our Three other installments on these following dates.
Friday, July 28, 2017 from 8pm – 11pm pst.
Friday, August 11, 2017 from 8pm – 11pm pst.
Friday, August 25, 2017 from 8pm – 11pm pst.
Timothy Erickson, known earlier as DJ Gumpie, was first turned on to electronic dance music when a friend popped a Ron D. Core mixtape in the deck on the way back from Disneyland. A short time later, Timothy attended his first party, a smaller daytime event put on by Moontribe in 1996, an event that was the genesis of a lifelong love affair with the underground dance scene, the music and the community. In the ensuing years Timothy would go on to acquire a pair of 1200s, and spend every payday at the record store scouring the bins with close friends for tracks that stirred his inner groove. Those same “record run” friends would go on to form a small underground production crew in the late 90s, Pezz Productions, which aimed to throw events with community at the center, and always finding never experienced dance floors.
Later, as it became more difficult to find indoor venues for the community, he went on to found a new production crew, Luv-A-Lot Productions, which focused on putting on smaller outdoor events. Through the years Timothy, as a DJ and party promoter, has always kept his love for the music and the community as his foundation on and off the dance floor. Known for his seamless mixes and emotional/mind-bending sets, whether mixing uplifting progressive trance, or hard psychedelic grooves, Timothy has been rocking underground dance floors through three decades, with no end in sight.
** Next week we will have guest in talking about Cosmic Gardenz and playing some special sets.
That’s right! The one and only RON D CORE will be at EDC!!!
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/168704430″>Riders of the Plastic Groove – Ron D Core & Verity 05-27-2016</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/plasticgroove”>Riders of the Plastic Groove</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
RON D CORE:
Spinning records since 1985, Co-Owner & Founder of Dr. Freecloud’s Mixing Lab since 1994. Owner and creator of Atomic Hardcore Recordings + Oblivion Records (California’s first Hardcore record labels). Ron has recorded and been featured on many Hardcore and non—Hardcore from all over the world including: Atomic Hardcore Recordings (Costa Mesa), Industrial Strength (New York), Head Fuck (Italy), Epileptik (France), UC Music (Chicago), V-Wax (Los Angeles), Swell (Arizona) & most recently the Dr. Freecloud label. Throughout the years of Ron D Core’s DJ career he’s thrown a lot of events (large and small), and always memorable such as Dr. Freecloud’s Psychedelic Drugstore (Halloween Rave in Santa Ana 1990) + Hot Lemonade (an Acid House event in Downtown Los Angeles 1989) + No—Doz (a weekly afterhours in Los Angeles 1992—1993) + Funny Farm (a hardcore weekly in Orange County 1993—1994) + Plazma (a Hardcore weekly in Fullerton’s Digital Kilinik 1997) + Operation 1 & Operation 2 (Large scale events celebrating Dr. Freecloud’s B—Days) + Funky Shit Happens! (Large Rave @ Orange Show in San Bernadino) + Blitzkrieg (Mega—Outdoor Desert Festival) Hardcore vs. House party + Megablast (all Hardcore event @ The Glasshouse in Pomona) & co—Promoted with Sid P.W.L.Y. + 13 (all Hardcore event in Pomona) thrown on the 13th of any given month.
Ron has played at some of the largest and most memorable events in the world such as: Electric Daisy Carnival + Nocturnal Wonderland + Smoke Out + Circa + Together As One + Monster Massive + Bassrush + Pyrotechnodiscoworks + Audiotistic + Opium + Willie Wonka + Alice’s House + Stranger Than Fiction (L.A.’s first Massive 1990 @ The Shrine Auditorium) + Narnia + Future World + Aphrodite’s Temple + Shiva’s Erotic Banquet + Cyberslam & too many others to mention & played for crowds up to 50,000 people. Ron has played with some of the biggest names in the business such as: Speed Freak + Lenny Dee + DJ Producer + Juan Atkins + J. Saul Kane (Depth Charge) + Rob Gee + Neophyte + DJ Paul + Babu (Beat Junkies) + DJ Dan + Doc Martin + Manu Le Malin and loads of others. Some of the articles and interviews Ron has been featured in are: Urb Magazine + Entrepeneur + OC Weekly + XLR8R + DJ Times + Daily Pilot + Yellow Rat Bastard + Thunder Magazine (Thunderdome Holland) + L.A. Weekly + Club Life + Tribe + Free Bass + Fix Magazine + Rave (Porn Magaine) + Culture and more… Ron has been featured in a Movie Documentary about the rave scene and it’s history called “Better living Through Circuitry,” & the book called “Generation Exstacy,”. Ron is continuosly working hard in the Electronic Music scene Recording DJ’ing and Promoting the Hardcore he love’s and supports. Keeping Dr. Freecloud’s the store and the Vinyl alive is nothing short of dedication to the scene.
Verity’s been behind the decks for 18 years. He has a mad passion and love for the Oldskool Techno, Breakbeat and Jungle sounds of the early 90’s and evolved into Drum & Bass as well as a wide variety of other electronic music genres. Collecting as many mixtapes as he could get his hands on, he eventually graduated to vinyl and DJ’ing in the mid 90’s. He’s inspired by the original sounds of L.A. DJ’s such as R.A.W., DJ Trance and Ron D Core. He’s played a variety of shows and clubs but also spent quite a bit of time doing intimate outdoor renegade sessions with his close friends who shared the same passion and joy of just getting outdoors, and playing music, LOUD!